Why not set up a shop in the corner of your office?
Sell unwanted gifts, CDs, DVDs, Books, anything!
Ask colleagues to bring in unwanted items – it often works best if you choose to have a book sale one month, a DVD the following month etc.
How to fundraise?
Either price up each item depending on popularity or quality, or ask for a donation per item, or you could even have everything at £2. It’s up to you.
How to organise it!
- Send a message round to colleagues asking them to bring in items (ie books, CDs etc)
- Find a place in the office (a table will do) where you can have your “shop”
- Either price up the goods or make a sign explaining how much each item costs.
- You could either allocate a member of staff, who sits near the "shop" to take payment for goods or you could have an "honesty box".
- Ask Brake to send you some posters so that people can see where their money is going to.
- At the end of the sale, why not take any unsold items down to the your local charity shop, and then two charities will benefit.
This is a great way to get rid of unwanted clutter at home. Remember, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
For more information telephone Joe on 01484 550060, email email@example.com or complete a short online form.
Not for you? Return to the fundraising home page.