You can become a Friend of Brake by volunteering, campaigning, fundraising or providing a donation in support of our work. Read our Friend of Brake brochure for more info about how you can support us.
Brake is reliant on donations and fundraising to enable us to campaign to make communities safer, and care for people devastated by road death and injury. It's easy to donate online to Brake right now.
Every penny donated goes towards Brake's work campaigning for safer roads and supporting families bereaved and hurt in road crashes. For example:
- £10 allows Brake to provide a free picture book for a child who has been bereaved in a road crash, to help them begin understand their loss, and guidance to their carers.
- £50 enables us to operate our helpline for an hour, providing vital support to people devastated by road death and injury.
- £150 enables Brake to train 20 people to become campaigners for road safety in their community.
- £450 helps Brake to coordinate a campaign for road safety in a local community.
Make a single gift:
Make a regular gift:
If you are a UK taxpayer, add gift aid and Brake will receive an extra 25p for every pound you donate.
You can choose to make a single gift or a regular gift to Brake - please click above to give online via Justgiving, or see below for other ways to donate. Have a look on our Justgiving page to see who has fundraised for us recently. If you wish to, please leave a comment so we know who the funds are from. When we receive your donation, if you provide an email we'll sign you up to our fortnightly e-bulletin to keep you informed about our work. Or sign up now here.
Other ways to donate:
- Post a cheque payable to Brake to PO Box 548, Huddersfield HD1 2XZ (please say who it's from and how it was raised, including your email address if you want to get our email bulletin). If you're sending a cheque to us, we would be extremely grateful if you could spend a moment completing a gift aid form (download here) and pop it in the envelope with your donation.
- Call 01484 559909 to donate by card over the phone or obtain our bank details to pay funds into Brake's account.
- If you wanted to give a single gift or give a regular gift, you can either give online by clicking above, or email for further details of how to do this.
- Send a text to 70070 with the code ROAD01 and the amount you want to donate (e.g. 'ROAD01 £10'). If you are under 16, you must have permission from the person who pays the phone bill before sending the text.
Other ways to support Brake:
This page is kindly supported by