Are you a little on the competitive side? Or belong to a team? Then get sporty for Brake! Challenge your work colleagues, mates, or school friends to a "friendly" match of your favourite game in aid of Brake. It doesn't matter whether it's footie or an egg and spoon race, it's going to be fun if your mates are involved! Here's how!
1. Decide on the date and venue. Make sure it's far enough ahead so everyone can take part!
2. Sign up sporting participants with an entry fee in aid of Brake.
3. Invite participants to wear crazily bright colours, to raise awareness of the vulnerability of people on foot and bicycles. Makes a better picture for your newsletter or your local media!
4. Invite the media along. Make your own banner for a photo call carrying the message "Keep speed in sport and off our roads!" Take your own pictures and send them to your local paper if they don't send a photographer along.
5. Got a local sports celebrity? Invite them to kick off the event, or donate sporting memorabilia, such as a signed football, that you auction in aid of Brake.
6. Charge an entry fee for Brake! You could also invite a local cafe to supply soft drinks, sold in aid of Brake. Got a popcorn machine? Make popcorn and sell it in aid of Brake too!
Want to do it? Call Lisa on 01484 683294 or complete a short online form to find out more.
Or if you know how to coordinate your event, just donate the funds you raise from your event using the button at the top of this website or by calling 01484 559909 to pay by credit card over the phone or send by cheque to PO Box 548, Huddersfield, HD1 2XZ.