Making a load of cup cakes is the simplest thing in the world, but everyone loves them, particularly if they know their extra calorie intake is all in a good cause! So bake for Brake - we want cakes not carnage!
Our easy peasy recipe:
- Cream together 150g butter (or cheaper spread) and the same amount of sugar.
- Add three eggs and whisk.
- Fold in 150g self-raising flour and half a teaspoon of baking powder.
- Add drinking chocolate powder to make them chocolate buns (if doing this, reduce the sugar content slightly.)
- Put spoonfuls into individual paper bun cases in a bun tray.
- Cook at a medium heat (about 180 degrees) and take out after about 20 minutes or when ready and cool. Keep the road safety theme alive and top them with red, orange or green icing and sweets for traffic lights!
Charge £1 for every cup cake sold at work, or 50p for every cake sold to school friends. Sell them in your local park. Sell them at your local community event. Sell them to your neighbours. Sell them to your granny!
Set yourself a target! Can you sell 500 buns and make £500 for Brake? It's amazing how quickly a tray of 12 buns can disappear into 12 mouths, so get baking for Brake! Make a sign for your bun tray, saying the "Bake for Brake challenge". Why not hand out home-made leaflets for everyone who buys a bun, telling them about Brake and suggesting they 'eat their yummy bun fast but drive slow'!