Brake's 2018 'Police family liaison following road death and serious injury' conference was held in Edgbaston, Birmingham on Thursday 8 November 2018. This event provided an excellent development opportunity for all professionals supporting people bereaved and seriously injured through road crashes.
Topics covered at this conference included practical case studies, guidance and advice on support following serious injury and input on best practice in FLO welfare and wellbeing.
Speakers at the event included:
- Commander Stuart Cundy, Metropolitan Police
- PC Jon Ardron, Lancashire Constabulary, winner of Brake's inaugural 'Outstanding Officer Achievement' FLO Award
- Sgt Tim McAleenan, West Midlands Police
- Tracey Lister, Victim Helpline & Information Manager, Brake, the road safety charity
- Vincent Romano, Advanced Paramedic, North West Ambulance Service
- Ros Purcell, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Claire Newstead, Partner, Irwin Mitchell
Presentations and resources from Brake's 2018 FLO Conference can be found below:
CMPG Family Liaison Team
Sgt Tim McAleenan, West Midlands Police
Pathways and Partnerships Complex Case Study -Brake Helpline
Tracey Lister, Victim Helpline & Information Manager, Brake, the road safety charity
The Role of the FCO in a Road Death Case
Ros Purcell, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Supporting Families and Victims following Catastrophic and Life-Changing Injury
Claire Newstead, Partner, Irwin Mitchell
Details of our 2019 FLO Conference will be available on this page in spring 2019. For further information, please contact Jack Kushner at email@example.com.