Brake's 2018 'Police family liaison following road death and serious injury' conference will be held in Edgbaston, Birmingham on Thursday 8 November 2018. This event provides an excellent development opportunity for all professionals supporting people bereaved and seriously injured through road crashes.
Topics covered at this conference will include practical case studies, guidance and advice on support following serious injury and input on best practice in FLO welfare and wellbeing.
Speakers confirmed at this event include:
- Commander Stuart Cundy, Metropolitan Police
- PC Jon Ardron, Lancashire Constabulary, winner of Brake's inaugural 'Outstanding Officer Achievement' FLO Award
- Sgt Tim McAleenan, West Midlands Police
- Tracey Lister, Victim Helpline & Information Manager, Brake, the road safety charity
- Professor Tim Coats, Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Leicester
- Ros Purcell, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Claire Newstead, Partner, Irwin Mitchell
Additional speakers at this conference will be announced shortly. Presentations and resources from Brake's 2017 FLO Conference, which was held in Birmingham on Thursday 12 October 2017, can be accessed on this page.
Thanks to generous support from event sponsors Irwin Mitchell, Lyons Davidson and Slater and Gordon, a limited number of free places at the conference are available for police officers. For further information, please contact Jack Kushner at email@example.com.