How can the National Road Victim Service help you?
Talk to a caseworker
Information and guidance
The National Road Victim Service
0808 8000 401
Brake’s free support service if you are bereaved, seriously injured, or helping a road crash victim.
Meet your named caseworker. Call 0808 8000 401 or email email@example.com
The National Road Victim Service is open from Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
If you need support before we are next available, please use these webpages to find information about coping with a death or catastrophic injury following a road crash. Scroll down and click on the links below to find the information you need.
You can call the Samaritans on 116 123 who are available 24 hours a day, or access support on the Samaritans website. Go to Talk to us on the Phone | Samaritans.
You can call Cruse on 0808 808 1677 if you want to talk to someone during the Easter period. You can also find help and support on the Cruse website. Go to Get support - Cruse Bereavement Support.
In case of an emergency
In case of emergency, or if you need help urgently, please call 999 immediately or your GP Out of Hours Service for urgent medical assistance.
Our promise to you
We understand every road crash is different, every road victim is an individual, and your circumstance is uniquely painful and challenging.
- We promise to hear you, work with you to meet your needs, and help you feel safe and supported.
- Our aim is to help you cope, feel informed and listened to.
- We help you get the help you need from people and services in your community.
- We provide a safe space for you to access support and care.
- We are an independent service working in partnership with other services to care for your needs.
- We do not replace the roles of emergency, police or health services.