Call the confidential National Road Victim Service on 0808 8000 401 (10am to 4pm Monday to Friday)
or email email@example.com
We give you a named Brake caseworker, who helps from day one onwards, for as long as you need, over the phone or by email.
I can't tell you how much your support has meant.Bereaved road victim
We help if:
- The crash happened in the UK, or if the crash happened abroad
- The crash happened recently, or longer ago
We also help if you are assisting a bereaved or injured person as a friend or professional.
This is how it works
- You, or your police family liaison officer, contacts us by phone or email, and you are immediately assigned your Brake case worker
- Your case worker helps you, over the phone or email
- We provide a range of free services to you, listed below, depending on what you want and need.
Your Brake case worker offers:
- a listening ear, for your thoughts and feelings, from day one onwards
- information and advice to help meet your needs
- advocacy (talking on your behalf with others to get things done).
Your case worker can give you information and advice about
- criminal prosecutions and court hearings
- using specialist lawyers to claim compensation after a death or injury
- supporting children and young people
- viewing a body, funerals, registering a death, post-mortems, inquests, wills, and probate
- dealing with intrusion, for example the media, mail, or calls
- injury rehabilitation
- financial or other life challenges, such as housing
- campaigning for road safety, including with Brake.
Your case worker can also
- talk to people on your behalf if you have a problem that needs sorting out, and it is all too hard to tackle it on your own
- help you seek healthcare if you need it, to support your physical or mental wellbeing
- help you find grief support groups local to you.