Safe vehicles in a safe and healthy future
Our vision for vehicles in a safe and healthy future, where no one is killed or seriously injured on roads:
- Vehicles have highly capable crash prevention systems
- Some, many, or all of our vehicles are driverless, and drivers’ safety is managed
- Vehicles pass stringent crash tests
- Vehicles are designed to be safe for the roads they travel upon
- Our vehicles are ultra low emission or zero emission
- Our vehicles record what happens in any crash and notify emergency services
Listen to our podcast episode on connected and autonomous vehicles
Brake advocates for a Vision Zero approach to road safety management. This approach is based on the belief that no death or serious injury is acceptable on roads and follows the principles of the Safe System, where the five pillars of the road environment work together to minimise risk.
Brake also believes that an effective road safety system is reliant upon robust enforcement and criminal justice and that the fleet sector has a significant role to play in helping improve the safety of our roads.