Young people and road safety
Road crashes are the biggest killer of young people worldwide.
At the same time, young people can make a huge difference to road safety. They often make passionate, effective campaigners who understand the devastation road crashes cause to young lives. They can help prevent casualties, and make their communities safer and healthier, by speaking out for road safety and sustainable transport, and making and encouraging responsible decisions within their peer group.
If you’re a young person wanting to make a difference, stand up for safe and healthy journeys by:
- getting the info you need from our resources and fact and advice pages for young people.
- making the Brake Pledge to show your support for safe and sustainable streets.
- using the Pledge to lead a campaign to raise awareness in your school, college or community.
- staying in touch with us on Facebook or Twitter.
- registering to be part of Road Safety Week in November.
- fundraising for us in your school, college or community.