Road crashes are the biggest killer of young people worldwide.
At the same time, young people can make a huge difference to road safety. They often make passionate, effective campaigners who understand the devastation road crashes cause to young lives. They can help prevent casualties, and make their communities safer and healthier, by speaking out for road safety and sustainable transport, and making and encouraging responsible decisions within their peer group.
If you’re a young person wanting to make a difference, stand up for safe and healthy journeys by:
- asking your school or youth group to get involved with one of Brake's projects for young people (Project 24 or Youth for Brake)
- signing up to take part in Road Safety Week in November
- reading our road safety advice for teenagers and young people
- making the Brake Pledge to show your support for safe and healthy mobility where you live
- using the Pledge to lead a campaign to raise awareness in your school, college or community
- staying in touch with us via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter
- fundraising for us in your school, college or community